Should I get a home inspection? (PT14)

One of the questions I received recently was should I do a home inspection in Jamaica?

As part of your due diligence as purchaser, it would be recommended that you get a valuation report and A surveyor’s report. It fact, if you are getting a home loan, your lender is going to require this.

However, who will speak to the electrical, plumbing or sewage issues with property?

Structural Engineer, Certified Electrician, Plumber

Better yet, you walk into an apartment and there are major cracks on the wall.

Who will speak to the structural integrity of the property? I, your power realtor, Cherine Anderson humbly suggest that you seek the services of a certified electrician, certified plumber, and structural engineer especially if the property is an fixer upper or older 40 years.

Need more information? Get all the details in our free ebook, How to Buy an Apartment or Condo in Jamaica.


Need help finding your new home or office? Give us a call at +18765139222 or email me at


  • No comments yet.
  • chat
    Add a comment


    Learn How To Buy An Apartment or Condo in Jamaica

    This FREE (and highly resourceful) eBook will give you several tips and strategies to help you buy an apartment or condo.

    I do not want to buy an apartment